Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July...

Hope you all enjoy the holiday today, and get to spend it doing something fun, relaxing, and memorable with la familia and friends. :)

I had quite the weekend the past few days, starting with a trip to the ER late Friday night, and spending the entire day Saturday in bed.  I must have caught a 24 hour bug, because ultimately when I left the ER that night, I was never really given a formal diagnosis for what was going on with me.  In short, I was having a very sharp pain come and go for over an hour that night, in my upper stomach/abdomen area.  It got bad enough for me to actually have my sister rush me over to the hospital here in town.  (YIKES!!  FYi...the ONE hospital here in town does NOT have the best reputation..speaking from personal experience with a family member in the past).  Anyhow, I was hooked up to an iV, given some pain medication, some medication for my nausea, and sent home after a few hours. 

I spent the entire day/night Saturday in bed, which really did suck big ones, because I had plenty of familia in from out of town for the weekend.  There was a baby shower planned for one of my tia's this past Sunday, and if any of my other mexicanas out there know...we do baby showers BIG lol.  By the time the day came around, I was feeling well enough to get out of bed, and actually have a little to eat.  The rest of the weekend was spent recuperating, and all in all, it turned out pretty nice visiting with some of my extended family.

Apparently, my vacation week decided to start off on a crappy note, but has progressively gotten better. :)  It's the 4th of July chicas...celebrate however you want, and for whatever reasons you want, as long as you are having a good time, and your heart is full.

Yesterday..no wait....yes...yesterday (considering it's already 1:48am), was my WW weekly weigh-in.  Considering the yucky bug I caught over the weekend, and the fact that I didn't consume much for a day other than Gatorade, soup, and crackers, I wasn't very shocked by the number on the scale during my Weight Watchers meeting Tuesday afternoon.



I lost 2.2 lbs. this week chicas, putting my total weight lost at 92.6 lbs.!!!  And to make it even more awesome, yesterday marked exactly six months since I started the program on January 3rd earlier this year.  I'm so pumped to be sooo close to reaching that 100 lb. goal!!!  As I was looking at these pics and reviewing my progress up to now, it actually felt a little unreal to me.  I'll get there one day...to the point where I can feel completely proud of myself, and acknowledge it too.

Now don't get me wrong, I am in NO WAY promoting or insinuating that not eating much for my 'sick' day was a 'plus' towards this notch off the scale.  Believe me chicas...and all my 'Believers' out there, I was sweatin' it thinking about how I was not eating enough.  Eating your daily PP values is VITAL towards your success on the program!!  I hate when I go off track, especially when I'm forced!!  lol  And I especially hate those days when it's hard just to consume your daily total.  I'll admit those days are few and far between, but they do happen sometimes.  This chica's gotta eat!!

And with that said...stick a firecracker in me...I'm pOpped/pooped...whatever. lol

Nighty night mis chicas!  Be safe tomorrow, and think of me as you're sippin' on your beer, grubbin' on that burger, and enjoying the color explosion in the night sky.  I'll be doing the same!!!


Be blessed...and stay blessed!!!

xoxo,
❤Nica

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, your progress is amazing and so inspirational!! Though I'm sorry about the virus, I had one earlier in the week also!! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm trying my best, putting all my effort into making this a healthy year. Something seems to be working so far! :) Have a great weekend, and stay out of this Texas heat!! xoxo!!

      Delete